- This event has passed.
Fireside Chat with Bradley McConnell, Venture Capital and M&A Lawyer
February 16 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am PSTFree
2023 is shaping up to be a year where startups will do complex transactions — fundraising, restructurings and M&A — to survive. Join us to hear Brad’s perspective on what to expect and how to ensure you consider all the options.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Bradley McConnell is corporate, venture capital and mergers and acquisitions lawyer, focusing on government contracting companies in the aerospace and defense industry and other technology and non-technology companies. He has more than 25 years in business-focused practice.
His specialties include contract negotiation and review, venture capital, private equity, general corporate structuring, mergers & acquisitions.
Brad also provides a “virtual in-house counsel” role for companies that have a variety of ongoing legal and contract matters, but aren’t ready to invest in a full-time, in-house counsel to handle and coordinate all of these functions.
ABOUT THE CONVERSATION
Some topics we will touch on include:
- Career Journey with some focus on experience outside the traditional law firm – doing a legal focused start-up and being an adjunct professor
- Intersection of “Business” and “Law” – where and how he thinks about making trade-offs between business issues and legal issues
- Thoughts on the likely importance of M&A and other “creative” corporate transactions for start-ups in 2023 on the assumption that financing markets stay difficult.
- Virtual or Fractional “In-House” Counsel work – tell us more about that; when should companies bring in some level of legal expertise?
- Some of the bigger (and more common) legal / compliance mistakes you see start-ups making? What are the most common reasons that M&A transactions fall apart or get substantially re-traded at late stages?
Adi Dehejia, Founder, Journey CxO