Fireside Chat with Mark Josephson, Founder & CEO at Castiron
March 2 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am PSTFree
Join us to hear from a multi-time CEO who is building a company that does good while doing well by helping the next wave of creators and artisans (typically underrepresented) to fulfill their business dreams.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Mark Josephson is a dynamic CEO, team builder, growth driver, and storyteller.
He is a high-energy, mission-driven leader with a track record of success. Mark has a passion for building successful teams that drive growth and get the job done. He has hands-on experience building successful businesses across multiple stages; from seed to venture to growth to IPO.
ABOUT THE CONVERSATION
Some topics we will touch on include:
- Career Journey – the path to General Management leadership in a sizable business after starting in Marketing (About.com, AoL etc.); and then becoming a CEO in a turnaround situation.
- Key Learnings Along the Path to Leadership
- Learnings in working with private equity (Spectrum, Insight) and venture capital (High Alpha, Union Square, Betaworks etc.)
- Insight on bit.ly that helped with the repositioning and turnaround?
- What inspired launching Castiron?
- Managing People: How to Build and Retain Great Teams
- Business Acumen: Key Skills Critical to Success